This blog post contains affiliate links. If you follow those links and purchase the product I make a small profit. Thank you for the support!
Recently I’ve been doing a lot of research on manifestation/The Law of Attraction. A couple of months ago I FINALLY watched ‘The Secret.’ For years I’ve been aware of The Law of Attraction and it’s something I definitely believe in, however, I’ve never practiced the lifestyle enough to say it works.
There have been situations, where I just knew/felt that everything would work out. However, I’ve never implemented all of the actions that go along with manifestation (which I’ll get into in just a moment).
Lately, I’ve been getting into some very low energy states which I absolutely hate. For me, these moments typically occur in the morning when I’m first waking up especially on a day I have to work. Other times it’s in the middle of the day when I start thinking too much about my life.
I have a vision in my head of how I want my daily life to be, where I want to live, what I want to do, how I want to look/feel, etc. And because I feel like I’m so far away from those things I often get into a negative space. This way of thinking is horrible. I really want to take control of my thoughts and start manifesting my dream life.
From my research, I have found the practices I need to start implementing into my daily life to begin reaping the benefits of manifestation:
Act as if
Act as if you are already living the life you want to live. Act as if you look and feel how you want to. Act as if you live in your dream home. Act as if you already have your dream job. Act as if you’re rich. You get the idea!
By living like you already have whatever it may be that you want, you’ll manifest it into reality. This includes acting the part, dressing/looking the part, and speaking the part.
When I think about the things I say and my behavior I know that this is one of the main areas I need to improve in. Simple things I say or joke about would be like, “I’m broke I can’t do that,” “I’m a failure at life so I didn’t get anything done today.” Even though those things aren’t true, by me speaking them into the universe that is what my reality will become.
I also want to be a full-time blogger and YouTuber, but there are some days that I don’t take those things seriously. I spend the day slacking off not getting as much stuff done as I could. I’ve got to pretend like this is my career now in order for it to become mine!
Create a vision board (and look at it often)
Vision boards are there to act as a reminder for your dreams. That way you see it and work toward those goals.
I’ve had a vision board for a couple of years now hanging on my wall. It’s cute but the images don’t really speak to me like I thought they would. I see it everyday and none of it has really become reality for me because I don’t take it seriously enough. I’ve decided I’m going to create a vision board on Pinterest instead! By creating a vision board online I can include everything I want to as much as I want without worrying about wasting paper and ink!
Scrolling through the board while I eat breakfast is something I want to start implementing, because the more I connect myself to it the more of a meaning it creates for me.
Raise my vibrations
Have you ever heard “Your vibe attracts your tribe?” Or “You attract the energy that you give off?” It’s similar to the concept of karma. The low energy I feel that I mentioned above is not doing anything good for me. It causes me to have more negative thoughts and negative things to happen throughout the day.
Overall, I’m a generally happy person and I actively work on transforming my negative thoughts into positive thoughts. So that is something I want to continue. However, I tend to complain about my day or get sucked into gossip that I don’t enjoy.
If I want to surround myself with positive people and positive energy I’ve got to radiate that from myself!
Get rid of limiting beliefs
Self-doubt or thinking of reasons why a situation can’t possibly occur will block the universe from giving you what you are asking for. I am definitely guilty of self-doubt, sometimes I think about giving up because I’m not seeing results, I think maybe this isn’t meant to be, I think I’m not good enough, etc. This is probably going to be one of the hardest things to overcome for me.
First, I believe it’s necessary to focus more on behavior, actions, and the process more than the results.
Second, implementing affirmations that reflect how I want to think and live will put better thoughts into my subconscious.
Trust the universe
I know some people are against the idea of the “universe.” However, the whole concept of The Law of Attraction makes complete sense. Even if there is no “universe,” by believing in what you are doing and surrounding yourself with better energy, the things you want will eventually align/fall into place.
Manifestation isn’t as simple as just thinking about what you want and receiving it. You have to work and put effort in daily to change who you are. It’s almost like tricking your brain into being the best version it can be because you get so excited about the whole concept. It’s hard for me to explain, but I know that you can achieve great things through the process because you just focus on reaching your goals. Therefore, hard work=results.
Now I’m going to share the exact things I want to manifest in my near future. Of course I have other goals but right now these are the few things I want most. I want to share what they are and how I’ll be implementing The Law of Attraction, because when I read things like this I prefer real life examples.
1. I will become a full-time blogger and YouTuber, earning at least $2,000 per month by September of 2018.
- I will treat blogging and YouTube as if it is my full-time job by setting deadlines for content creation and sticking to a schedule
- I will work from a different environment at least once a week (a cafe, the library, the park, etc.). Blogging in a coffee shop has always been intriguing to me but I avoid it in order to save money or just to stay in the comfort of my home. Environments like that help me to be more productive and make things more exciting.
- When I do go to these different work places, I will do my hair, put on some make up, and throw on a cute outfit to fit my blogging vibe.
- I will create amazing content, including photos for social media in order to continue my growth on all platforms
- I will stop comparing myself to other bloggers, this is ALWAYS what causes my self-doubt. I know I work hard and I know my content is good, my time will come.
- I will practice patience as I work toward this lifestyle
2. I will buy a house/move to a new city (or state)
- I envision a simple home with big windows in a location that is warm year round with minimal rain/gloominess (I’m seeing palm trees?! :)). My home will be decorated exactly as I want it with neutral colors, cozy vibes, twinkle lights, and a lot of green plants.
- I will live somewhere that I can take a lot of walks
- In my current home, I will get rid of material items that don’t serve me or make me happy. I will reduce the clutter and create an environment I am happy to be in.
- I will take care of the home I currently live in by cleaning often and respecting my belongings.
- I will take walks or go outside on days that the weather cooperates
- I will slowly start getting rid of furniture/decor that I don’t like and replacing them with those that fit my style
3. I will be financially free (no debt, plenty of money to live comfortably)
- My income will increase over the next few months and couple of years because I work hard and will continue to work hard on my goals
- All of my debt will be paid off in less time than expected (under 5 years) and avoid going into further debt
- I will avoid negative statements such as, “I’m broke,” because I will act as if I do have the money
- I will pay bills without remorse and I will spend money on things I need or love without regret
- I will stop worrying about money because everything is always ok in the end
Writing this all out is quite empowering actually. You know when you just feel within yourself like everything is going to fall into place and work out? That’s how I feel and it’s amazing! Give manifestation a shot because you never know what it could bring into your life!